It’s been a long time since I tried QGIS Map Composer, but thought I’d give it a try since I needed a graticule/measured grid graphic. I was surprised at how well the grid feature worked, along with labels and including several label placement options. The scalebar tool is also very nifty. I had my map, grid, etc. all laid out in a couple minutes.
Bonus feature: exported to SVG and (despite warnings from QGIS) had perfectly usable SVG to play with in Inkscape. Nice work folks!
I’m looking into understanding the Maemo 5 platform with the hopes of building some OSGeo applications for it in my spare time. So, yes, that likely means I won’t get far!
Here is my first hour’s progress getting this started on install the SDK on my Sidux Debian box.
These SDK install notes from maemo.org are leading me.
- Ensure the xserver-xephyr (debian) package is installed on my workstation.
- Download installation application (python script), chmod a+x, then launch it via sudo. (screenshot)
- Go through wizard, select standard installation, accept license… (screenshot,screenshot)
- Not sure what this VDSO settings for scratchbox are all about, so will simply continue and check I Accept (screenshot)
- Choosing defaults for installing Nokia apps, etc. Scroll down license agreement and enter the number code shown. Click Accept. (screenshot) Shows summary of installation, press install.
- Several downloads begin.
Installer ran fine for about 15 minutes then stopped with message “Failed: 4/9 Installing SDK Targets” (screenshot) the log says to run sb-menu once before continuing. Not sure if the installer did that without me seeing, but I tried to run it manually. (sudo sb-menu) that failed the same way though. The wizard forces you to finish which really means give up 🙂
Rooting around in searches online I found someone with same trouble ran this: sudo sysctl abi.vsyscall32=0. Gee, hope that doesn’t break anything else on my system 🙂
- Restarting installation picks up with “upgrading scratchbox” and continues well! (screenshot)
- Noticed a few mime related error flying by a couple times.
- After about 20 minutes it finished up successfully (screenshot), giving a few notes for what to do next. (screenshot)